Thursday, July 31, 2014

On the web today (Thursday, July 31st)

Sorry for the unexplained hiatus.   Had Car trouble with Car #1.   Took daughter to camp in Idaho driving Car #2.   Car #2 broke down in rural WA (Davenport).   Thank Goodness we were on highway 2, and broke down right as we stopped for lunch, one block away from the only dealership for miles.  Took an extra day to get home, and an extra day to unpack and get Car #1 to the shop.  

By the way, I can highly recommend the Black Bear Motel.  Owner Kim was great!   Rooms are super cute, lovingly decorated with antiques collected by Kim and her husband.
  
Playing with Ruby.  My step-grandaughter plays with my daughter's English Angora Rabbit, Ruby

Shame: What's it saying to you?   My favorite part - the antidote: Be Courageous,  Be Compassionate, and Build Connection.    Kind of like what I'm working on, here!    Thanks, Tanaya!

Hot off the presses: A Mind For Numbers: How to Excel at Math and Science (Even If You Flunked Algebra).   I've added this to my wish list, since I did almost flunk algebra!

The Only Ten Things you need to know to be a great leader.   I really liked "A) More success for others than for You."

Have you heard about the benefits of a Low Carb/High Fat diet?    Since I've changed my diet - I try to eat under 50g of carbs a day), I've lost weight, and gained strength and endurance.

Here's the latest Research: New Science Destroys the Saturated Fat Myth.    Lots of good data summarized in the article.

     Related Book: The Big Fat Surprise



Other links to articles about saturated fat from Instapundit .

If you have Diabetes (Type 1 or Type 2), you will have MUCH improved BG control on this diet.






No comments:

Post a Comment